Sunday, May 3, 2009

Ethnography Considered Harmful

Ethnography Considered Harmful

This is a critical essay on the current practices of ethnographies. The authors talk about new practices for ethnography's while criticizing the old. They do offer critics of the new ideas but I think this essay was more of a literary exercise for them than anything worth reading. They made use of well constructed sentences and obscure quotes that often times were barely relevant. I don't think I gained anything from reading this paper and wish they could give me my time back.

2 comments:

  1. Agreed on all points. Not very valuable - the kind of thing I would write if I really wanted to get accepted into a conference.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely not my favorite paper this semester, but it does have some points, although I'm not particularly inclined to agree on either side.

    ReplyDelete