Sunday, May 3, 2009

Human-Centered Design Considered Harmful

Human-Centered Design Considered Harmful

I'm fairly confident that I would be able to identify the author after reading it having not been told who wrote it. It has Norman written all over it. I found it very interesting when he discussed the idea that we try to make technology adapt to people too much and that people should adapt to technology more. He argued thats how many of the most popular tools of our civilized world came about through the adaptation of man. I also liked his proposal of not listening to users, that was very entertaining. He makes good points about all of his critics of human-centered design and it is something to think about when designing. I enjoy reading things Norma writes even if they get a little crazy. It is always an interesting read.

3 comments:

  1. Word. Norman does well, despite his constantly changing views.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is always fun reading a good Norman book. Its like a roller coaster, you never know where its headed and you hope it ends at the same place you started (at least the same topic anyway.) This one was short enough to comprehend all at once, but he still jumps around a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have learn a lot from Norman and I have a feeling he isn't going to stop spewing out new books any time soon.

    ReplyDelete